I first heard of the geisha inspired skin care line, Tatcha, from one of my favorite bloggers, Feather Feather. The idea of sharing beauty secrets with geishas had me intrigued and it was this picture of a barefaced geisha that had me sold.
I would sell my soul to the devil for skin as flawless as hers.
I came close to purchasing the trial kit a few times but I resisted each time. The kit is very reasonably priced -- for $49 you get to sample the entire regimen but I was afraid I'd fall in love and end up splurging on the full size line. Well if there's one good thing out of this experience-- I'd say that I clearly know myself very well-- I'm in love. More of that later.
Here's what arrived. I was impressed with the gorgeous packaging and the fact that it arrived next day. (Free shipping too!)
The sample kit included (taken directly from their site):
6 trial-sized essentials + beauty papers:
- PURE Camellia One Step Cleansing Oil - 15ml | 0.5oz
- POLISHED Gentle Rice Enzyme Powder - 3 x 1g packets
- POLISHED Classic Rice Enzyme Powder - 3 x 1g packets
- POLISHED Deep Rice Enzyme Powder - 3 x 1g packets
- RADIANT Deep Brightening Serum - 15ml | 0.5oz
- SUPPLE Moisture Rich Silk Cream - 10ml | 0.3oz
+PETAL FRESH Original Japanese Beauty Papers - 1 full sized pack | 30 sheets
It's been four days since I've started and I'm definitely loving it. My skin feels soft , supple and there is a visibly noticeable change to my face. Overall, my face looks brighter and smoother.
Here are my pros and cons:
- My skin feels refreshed after the wash as opposed to the dryness and tightness that I've experienced with other brands
- Everything is unsecented. It's not that I don't enjoy nice smelling creams, it's just that so often they end up smelling like old people or really frou frou.
- I was super impressed with receiving my package the following day with a handwritten note and a coupon code. Tatcha is obviously extremely customer-centric which makes me feel slightly better about forking out the big bucks.
- My skin is showing visible improvements already and it's only been 2 days! Even Mr. Dubs commented on how my skin seems to glow.
- It's going to cost me an arm and a leg
I don't think I need the entire regimen to maximize the results. In fact, I'm pretty sure that I will skip repurchasing the skin oil and the moisturizer but will definitely repurchase the enzyme face polish and brightening serum.
You can get Tatcha products either at Barney's or directly from the Tatcha website.